The European Carton Excellence Award, the continent’s leading sustainable packaging design competition, has today opened its Public Vote. Consumers, industry professionals and academics are invited to submit votes for their favourite cartonboard innovations of the year.
The 24 finalists have been selected from 100-plus entries to this year’s European Carton Excellence Award by an esteemed panel of judges. The submissions came from some of the most recognised cartonboard mills, converters, brand-owners and designers in the industry, who all demonstrated their commitment to innovation and sustainability.
An evening of celebration in September
The Public Vote winner will be announced at the European Carton Excellence Award gala in Seville, Spain on 21 September 2023 – along with the winners of the Carton Of The Year, Sustainability and Innovation categories. The event promises to be an unforgettable evening. It will bring together industry leaders, professionals, and visionaries to celebrate the outstanding achievements and groundbreaking advancements in sustainable packaging design.
The 24 Public Vote finalists are:
· Ariel All In One – Liquid Pods by Van Genechten Packaging
· Avon / Eve Become by MM Service GmbH
· Bitburger Pils Retro by Van Genechten Packaging
· Birdhouse by Bösmüller Print Management GesmbH & Co KG
· Boardio™ for Perfetti Van Melle Mentos gum by Graphic Packaging International
· Dainese by Lucaprint s.p.a.
· Easypeel Skinpad with Easypeel Tab by Vilniaus Pakuote
· Flawa iQ by Graphic Packaging International
· GERnetic by Alzamora Group
· Kevas – Rhum Arrangé by Posson Packaging
· Läderach Sample Box by PAWI Packaging Schweiz AG
· Mary Cohr by Edelmann Group
· Oedipus Mannenliefde Clip Multipack with unique handle by Graphic Packaging International
· PREMIUM Praedium KYLATT by Alzamora Group
· Smarties Advent Calendar set by Edelmann Hungary Packaging Zrt
· Spargelkorb 1,5 kg by Offsetdruckerei Schwarzach GmbH
· Spirit Brothers – Belle Rive Gin by Lucaprint s.p.a.
· Staud’s advent calendar by Bösmüller Print Management GesmbH & Co KG
· Tanqueray – T10 Pack by Duran Dogan
· Unstoppables by Van Genechten Packaging
· Valdo Ice Box by Artigrafiche Reggiane & Lai Spa
· Valrhona – 6 Carrés de Chocolat Noir 30gr by Karbest, S.L.
· Vimar – Multipack by Lucaprint s.p.a.
· Zwilling Sharpening Steel by Karl Knauer KG
Winfried Muehling, Head of Marketing & Communications at Pro Carton, said:
“The European Carton Excellence Award is a celebration of creativity, innovation, and sustainability in the packaging industry. We are thrilled to announce the finalists for this year’s Public Vote which include some truly inspirational and ingenious designs. With more than 100 entries, the ECEA is the most important folding carton packaging competition in Europe. We’re excited to see who consumers and the wider industry think has developed the most exciting new carton packaging.”
Voting is open until Tuesday, 15 August 2023. For more information and to place your vote(s) in this year’s European Carton Excellence Award (ECEA), https://www.procarton.com/awards/european-carton-excellence-award/.